My iPhone app defined "diet" as "the foods eaten, as by a particular person or group". Some friends of mine think it means sticking to a set list of foods some organization identifies or think it's products that have the term "diet" stamped on it.
I feel kinda frustrated when people around me start talking about "dieting". If I say "a diet is simply whatever you eat", I get the "You stuck up stupid skinny b/-(#, I hate you" look. If I tell them I think they look fine, I get the "you naive skinny b/-(#, I hate you" look. If I try to change the subject, I get the "I hate you you skinny b/-(#" look. It's a catch 22.
Here, however, I can post what I really think.
Increasing my weight (from being underweight) required me to record my regular consumption (my diet), gradually replace items with higher nutritional-valued foods that were still healthy, or gradually increase the amounts of those same items. According to math and logic, the reverse should apply for losing weight.
To lose weight, try recording your diet, and gradually replacing foods with healthier options that provide lower calories/fat/sodium/carbs, or gradually reducing the amounts of different foods. Record, replace/reduce, review.
I try to use the food pyramid, since it's simple and artistic. I also reduced my cardio from 2 hours/5 days a week to maybe 15 minutes/3 days a week. People wanting to lose weight may want to increase cardio. I increased how strenuous my workout was and toned up ridiculously. For example, when I perform more crunches, my abs smile more. Experience shows me that changes here make changes there. My husband, thinks it's good genes, heavier weights, and a good trainer, however.
I watched my husband smash 40 wing dings I cooked for my job's potluck one evening. First I got angry because I had to cook another 40 wing dings, then I wondered how fast he could drop from 240 lbs if he reduced the wing dings to 35 the next time, then 30, 25, 20, 15.
My Him wants to get fit like rapper 50Cent. If he switched his meat lovers plate at our favorite restaurant with a meal that had vegetables, would he eventually get the 6 pack he longs for? If he switched his syrup sausages and cream-of-wheat slurry for Müeslix cereal, might he stop having heartburn? If he exchanged the ketchup, BBQ sauce, and hot sauce he uses to make his "spaghetti sauce" for Prego chunky garden, could he start wearing these tank tops he marvels at in the summer?
(Shrug) one day he may try it and we'll see. If he tries, and is successful, yay for him! if he tries and fails, nothing lost. If he never tries, I still LOVE the way my Hemi looks. He's a big handsome hulking brute. I hope Himsqueeze never has health problems.
See what change does for you.... Or continue whatever you're doing (shrug). I wish myself, him, and you long happy comfortable lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment